Winding Up the School Year
Like many of you, we are excited to see the end of the school year just around the corner. (I can't believe I'm going to have a 4th grader!) It has been a greater challenge than I imagined to continue our school load along with all the travelling and support raising, and I am ready for the break. This week and next we are taking our standardized tests, and finishing up the "formal" school year. We finished all of our required subjects, but like many homeschoolers, there are still things we want to do that we will hopefully spread out over the summer...or not. Yep, that's the beauty of it, as a homeschooler, you are the parent, the teacher, the principle (the janitor, like it or not), and you get to make all the decisions.
I am assuming that just like every summer, our main goal will be to spend as much time outside as possible! And what a year to do that, it already feels like summer in Minnesota, and it's still only May.
Of course, we won't stop reading. One of our favorite pastimes has become reading together. Right now we are going through "The Five Little Pepper" series by Margaret Sidney. One of my greatest delights as a homeschooling mom is seeing my first 'pupil' gain a love for reading. This year, Eliana has surprised us and become an insatiable reader. She has breezed through numerous books this year including "Little Women", "Robin Hood", the first 7 Elsie Dinsmore books, and many more. Now the biggest school challenge is how to plan for next year...I'm glad we will only be in Canada, where we can still bring a fairly decent selection of books and hopefully have a library nearby. Who knows, maybe we will even pick up some favorites in French!
What's on your reading list this summer?
I am assuming that just like every summer, our main goal will be to spend as much time outside as possible! And what a year to do that, it already feels like summer in Minnesota, and it's still only May.
Of course, we won't stop reading. One of our favorite pastimes has become reading together. Right now we are going through "The Five Little Pepper" series by Margaret Sidney. One of my greatest delights as a homeschooling mom is seeing my first 'pupil' gain a love for reading. This year, Eliana has surprised us and become an insatiable reader. She has breezed through numerous books this year including "Little Women", "Robin Hood", the first 7 Elsie Dinsmore books, and many more. Now the biggest school challenge is how to plan for next year...I'm glad we will only be in Canada, where we can still bring a fairly decent selection of books and hopefully have a library nearby. Who knows, maybe we will even pick up some favorites in French!
What's on your reading list this summer?



Comments
Post a Comment