Sowing and Reaping
This week's memory verse: Galatians 6:7-9
Because we are planning on moving out of our Brooklyn Center home at the end of the summer, I decided not to plant anything in our garden. So my children thought it was a golden opportunity to claim it as their own. They talked James into taking them to the hardware store, and they actually used their own money to buy some plants and flowers, then spent the greater part of a couple of Saturdays getting them planted, and even kept their plots weed free. (Maybe I should have done this the first year we moved in ;) James did put in a few tomato plants - something that they would never plant or eat - and we are hoping that they really will have ripe tomatoes in 50 days!
Praying for a bountiful harvest...physically and spiritually!
"Do not be deceived, God is not mocked, whatever one sows, that will he also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will reap from the Spirit reap eternal life. And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. "I love the way God designed our physical world with a spiritual lesson in mind. "You want to know about My Spirit in you?" He says. "Then plant seeds...And watch them grow." I have never expected my cucumber plant to yield tomatoes, or be able to uproot a potato from my carrot plants; but I have sown to my flesh, and expected God to give me more of His Spirit. How foolish I am to think that God is like that. But he tells us that he will not be mocked in that way. What we "sow" in to now will be the fruit of our life whether we reap it now, or in eternity. Oh, how I pray that he would give me the grace to "not give up!"
Because we are planning on moving out of our Brooklyn Center home at the end of the summer, I decided not to plant anything in our garden. So my children thought it was a golden opportunity to claim it as their own. They talked James into taking them to the hardware store, and they actually used their own money to buy some plants and flowers, then spent the greater part of a couple of Saturdays getting them planted, and even kept their plots weed free. (Maybe I should have done this the first year we moved in ;) James did put in a few tomato plants - something that they would never plant or eat - and we are hoping that they really will have ripe tomatoes in 50 days!
Praying for a bountiful harvest...physically and spiritually!


Comments
Post a Comment