Losing Things


This post, I wrote on the airplane while flying home, and am just posting it now.

"We are sitting on an airplane right now, on the last leg of our flight, and our two year old has just woke up crying.  Normally we would hand her the fuzzy little blanket she sleeps with and all would be well.  Sadly however as we were leaving for the airport it was the only thing we could not find.  It is always hardest to lose the things that are nearest and dearest to you.  In fact, this seems to be something that the Lord is using to stretch our faith with.  When we first arrived in Sacramento, James dropped his phone while exiting the plane, someone picked it up, apparently removed the SIM card and took off with a brand new phone.  In many ways I felt like crying, just like Hali.  The Lord however graciously was telling me, “I don’t make mistakes.”  In only four short days, we had a new phone, generously given to us by the family that was hosting us for the week (talk about going the extra mile!).  Ok God, I get the point...they are just things...but what about the ones that aren’t easily replaceable?  I know that Hali can learn to live without her “night-night”, but I’m sure hoping that this time his message is “Ask and you will receive.”  
-praying for our little lost blanket."

Thankfully it has a happy ending!  As we were pulling things out of the suitcases, we found Hali's little lost blanket, and everyone slept late the next morning.



Comments

Popular Posts