A Hali Kind of Day

Today was a Hali kind of day...
First it began so sweetly as we went to the grocery store together, and she helped me by dropping all the produce in the bags.
Just after clicking this picture, the yogurt container slid to the floor, and spilled everywhere...maybe the basket was a little too full.

Next, we shared our sandwich at lunch together, and then she took a 10 minute nap on the way home.  For those of you with two year olds, you know that this is the turning point.  10 minutes = just enough nap to not take another one, but not enough to be happy.  So she laid in bed for the next 40 minutes, trying to go to sleep, trying to sneak toys into her bed, and finally appearing downstairs to announce "I finished my nap mommy."  MmmHmmm...  The next part of the day was full of crying, whining, begging, and all the like.  We had company over for dinner, so she was fairly happy, playing with her friends, swinging on the swings, being her cute self.  After our company left, we decided that since it was still light outside we would go for a short bike ride.  While everyone was distracted, Hali decided she would get herself a band-aid to place over the splinter she had.  This might be a normal thing for a kid to do, but since she has had chastened about four times this week for getting into the closet by herself, it quickly turned into a very two-year-old Hali kind of thing to do.  On the way up the bathroom closet shelves, she noticed the hair cutting scissors, and I don't even have to tell you the rest, I'm sure you can imagine it.  After a short discipline moment, and pj's on, she was spent.  She fell asleep, in 60 seconds flat, on the floor by her bed.



I guess we will have to deal with the haircut tomorrow. 


 And upon returning downstairs, to clean up the mess, I found that she neatly put all the trimmed hair in the toilet, just like mommy does when she gets a real hair cut...how sweet (however it was really my very sweet husband that was trying to minimize the trauma to me)! 

Comments

  1. Oh, I can't even imagine! I hope it looks ok tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts