The Ups and Downs of Traveling


After being on two short, stateside trips, we are already gaining a greater appreciation for those who live in a life of flux, traveling and visiting friends and family all over the country.  Some of the ups and downs we have encountered include comments about our children, (mostly in the airport...”wow your kids are really well behaved”, and “wow, you’ve got a lot of kids”), getting to spend extra time with others (one day Hali told the people that were watching her “I think my mom and dad are lost”), meeting new people (hopefully not forgetting their names), and learning the ins and outs of airlines (like which ones have changing tables, and which ones don’t!).  Thankfully we are back at home...for now.  We have a few more trips planned this spring and summer, and then we are moving out of our house in just 4 short months.  I don’t think I’m ready to let my mind wander to homelessness yet!

Comments

Popular Posts