Thankful!

Minneapolis Airport at 4 am...with 18 pieces of luggage!
I have never had a more stressful week of my entire life, than the week before we left!  Between running last minute errands, saying goodbye to family and friends, doctor's appointments, dentist visits, packing and re-packing, burning any media onto a hard drive, making sure all our electronics worked, figuring out a temporary solar system..., we didn't have a lot of time for fun stuff, like sitting around and blogging.  I'm sure I will regret not taking more pictures of our last few weeks in Minneapolis, but right now I am thankful that we made it to Chad with all 18 pieces of luggage, 8 carry-ons, 7 backpacks and 4 stuffed animals.  I'm also thankful for friends who took care of us right up the point we left and even afterward.  I don't have time or space to list all the ways that people have helped us get here, but here is a sampling just to give you an idea.

  • Places to live for free
  • Borrowed cars, car seats and transportation when we didn't have them
  • Meals, meals and more meals
  • Gift cards for eating out
  • People watching our kids, running errands for us, and bringing us groceries
  • Multiple baby gifts
  • Taking our family photo 
  • Loaning us cold weather clothes
  • Putting together goodie bags for our kids on the plane
  • Taking us to the airport and helping us get our luggage checked in
  • Cleaning up our apartment after we left

This really is just a sampling of all the ways we have been loved by those far and near.  I wish we could write a thank you  note to each one of you, but that's just not possible.  So, you will just have to accept our deepest gratitude and know that the Lord will not let it go unforgotten!

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts,
the Morgans

Comments

Popular Posts