A Day in the Life...

In comparison to our crazy packing marathon, I feel like I am on vacation.  If this is what living in Chad is like, I could really get used to it.  So, this is what I did today:

  • woke up
  • made oatmeal for breakfast
  • everyone dressed and cleaned up after breakfast
  • some quiet Bible reading time for everyone
  • sent the kids outside to play in the courtyard for most of the day


John Hardy playing in the courtyard.

  • said goodbye to a friend going home



Saying goodbye to our new friend Kendra.

  • made 'limeade' from the limes on the tree in the yard
  • bought veggies and eggs from the guy who brings food to my front door to sell to people living here
  • made lunch - lentils with rice and bread with jam
  • cleaned up after lunch
  • nap time and quiet reading for older kids  (I opted for the nap) 
  • sat outside on the porch with William while the kids played with friends and jumped on the trampoline
  • washed laundry by hand with Eliana
  • made dinner - left overs and grapefruit
  • cleaned up dinner
  • sang some Christmas songs together 
  • popped popcorn 
  • watched a movie with the kids
  • *wrote a couple blog posts.

I'm lovin' the pace here!  Finally beginning to feel a bit rested.





Comments

Popular Posts