Feeling Glad to be Here

I am not a super emotional person.  As many of you may have noticed when saying goodbye, I didn't have any tears to shed (well maybe a couple saying goodbye to my minivan :).  Maybe it's because I know that I fully expect to see everyone again in just a few short years and pick up exactly where we left off, after all that's the way it felt when we came back from Canada.  Maybe it's because we have been talking about moving for so long now that it doesn't come as a huge shock that it finally happened.  Maybe I just don't have time for emotions, or maybe it's just me (the not pregnant me at least.)  So far it seems to be pretty consistent on this side of the world too.  There's not a whole lot that makes me really sad, and at this point, there's not a whole lot that makes me wild with excitement.  I'm just happy to be where I am, and happy that my kids are content to be here, and make the most of all the new experiences.  Everything seems a bit surreal right now.  I'm sure there will come a point when all the newness will wear off, and my emotions will begin to rise and fall, but for now I'm enjoying the simple life with not too much to fuss about. 

Comments

Popular Posts