"School's Out For the Summer"

I love this time of year!  I am celebrating because we finished all our curriculum as well as all our standardized tests, and now we can move on to the fun things.  I find that although we did all our required subjects, somehow we miss out on the best subjects, like art, music, and outdoor exploration.  So durring the summer, we are hoping to catch up on those subjects.  Eliana has been working on a sewing project for Chaya's birthday and John Hardy has started adding bugs to his collection.  I suppose we could incorporate more of those things in the year, and just make our school year a little longer, but there is something about living in the far north that makes it feel wrong to 'do school' when the weather is sooooo beautiful.  We are decidedly going to enjoy the summer to the max, and when the fall rolls around again, we are going to hit the books hard again!  We are all looking forward to our trip to Texas this summer, where they really know how to handle the heat....in the pool!  Hope you are all enjoying a break from school too!


A couple shots of the bug additions.  I'll have to post Eliana's creation after the Birthday celebration!



Comments

Popular Posts