A New Song
Yesterday, James found a new music group on the internet that sings Christian music, from France (Which is pretty amazing because most French worship music is just a translation of English songs). We really liked their song that we saw on youtube, and decided to buy the whole album to enjoy. After we finished watching the song, James said, "We should send it to 'so and so". I laughed and replied, "Why, they don't speak French". It made James laugh as well, because that thought hadn't even occurred to him. The more I thought about it, the more it made me thankful that God has given us this time to learn another language, explore another culture and find new ways to worship Him! At the same time it really got me thinking about wanting to share things with others in another language. In this situation, I just wanted to share a song, but what about those who don't have a Bible in their own language? They have no way of understanding the greatest message ever written. The message of God's love for each person on earth. It left me sad, thinking about the roughly 209 million people today that have no way of hearing God's message of love for them, unless someone decides to learn their language, explore their culture, and translate God's word into the language they speak.
I decided to share the video anyways, because the Joy on the faces of these guys is so contagious. But I want you to imagine that they were trying to tell you why you were so happy, and because you don't speak their language, you will never know. May it cause us all to pray for and work for those who have not yet heard the message of God's love.
I decided to share the video anyways, because the Joy on the faces of these guys is so contagious. But I want you to imagine that they were trying to tell you why you were so happy, and because you don't speak their language, you will never know. May it cause us all to pray for and work for those who have not yet heard the message of God's love.


Comments
Post a Comment