Not a Nice Person
I am not a nice person. I don't need someone else to tell me that, I already know it. I yell at my kids, I get angry at my husband, I am selfish, I want things that other people have, I exaggerate to try to make myself look better, I'm a hypocrite, I want to have fun more than I want to work, I eat the last cookie when there's only one, and I can spend a whole day without turning my gaze off myself, up to God.
I'm glad the story doesn't end there. I'm glad that at the end of the day I don't have to wonder if I will be any better tomorrow...I won't. But there is someone who is all those things that I am not, and much, much more.
Jesus was/is never ruled by anger, he never spoke a careless word, he always put others before himself, he never wanted something he didn't have because he was perfectly satisfied in His Father. He never had to stretch the truth because he is the truth, He always did what was right and good. He never stopped doing the work he was called to in order to feed his flesh. He never took his gaze off His Father in heaven, and He paid for all my sins when he was nailed to the cross to suffer the wrath of God. He knew I was not a nice person, and he loved me anyways.
Matthew 20:28
The Son on Man came not to be served, but to serve and to give his life as a ransom for many.
I'm glad the story doesn't end there. I'm glad that at the end of the day I don't have to wonder if I will be any better tomorrow...I won't. But there is someone who is all those things that I am not, and much, much more.
Jesus was/is never ruled by anger, he never spoke a careless word, he always put others before himself, he never wanted something he didn't have because he was perfectly satisfied in His Father. He never had to stretch the truth because he is the truth, He always did what was right and good. He never stopped doing the work he was called to in order to feed his flesh. He never took his gaze off His Father in heaven, and He paid for all my sins when he was nailed to the cross to suffer the wrath of God. He knew I was not a nice person, and he loved me anyways.
Matthew 20:28
The Son on Man came not to be served, but to serve and to give his life as a ransom for many.


Thanks for putting this in words friend!
ReplyDelete