Hot Dog Season
Now that Spring has arrived, and Summer is just around the corner, there are certain things that come with the warmer weather. One of those things being hot dogs. I never hated hot dogs, like James does, but there is a time at the end of the season that I don't want to eat another hot dog until I have see the snow cover the earth and melt again. Hot dogs can be a tricky thing to navigate in our family. Usually what happens is we are invited over to a family's house, and they have hamburgers and hotdogs. Naturally because we have a lot of kids and because hot dogs are way cheaper than ground beef, they make a few hamburgers (mostly for the adults) and a lot of hot dogs. I guess because James never liked hot dogs, we never have them at home, and our kids drastically prefer a hamburger over a hot dog. As you can probably guess this makes for an awkward situation when our kids are informed that they have to have a hot dog instead. Well, they are getting used to the way things are, and the other day James actually bought some hot dogs to bring to a BBQ. Because of his dislike, he tends to buy the most expensive, all beef kind, which is fine with me. The last package he brought home was too funny to just throw away without noting. Have you ever wondered if the cows you were eating were properly socialized? Well, someone has..enough to make it a selling point on their package. I don't know if you can read the fine print on the package, but part of their label reads, "beef raised on sustainable family farm, in a stress-free environment, that promotes natural behavior and socialization." Personally I'm not entirely sure what that means, but they sure tasted good. Happy Hot Dog Season!


(chuckle) I'm sure you are not surprised I have tried this brand (actually the lunch meat version) and was also amused with their labeling. But hey, the other companies don't talk about it...so what does that mean?! Or we could all try tofu dogs?
ReplyDelete