The Strange Post Today
If you happened to drop by the blog today (which I'm assuming there would only be a handful of people), you might have seen the strange post about a wedding dress receipt. It's kind of a long story but the short of it is that James was picking up our mail in Vermont today, and one of the items picked up happened to be the wedding dress that our friend purchased online for her upcoming wedding. (We all kinda share a mail box.) When you bring something across the border into Canada, they often want some proof of the purchase so they know if they need to charge you an import tax. When they heard the words 'wedding dress', they automatically assumed it would be expensive enough that he would have to pay taxes on it and so they detained James at the border to get it all straightened out. The easiest way to get him the receipt and resolve the issue was to post it on our blog and so they could look up the item on the internet. I have to admit, I too was pretty impressed with the low price that she paid for such a beautiful dress! I was reflecting back on the fact that I paid $700.00 for my wedding dress 12 years ago. What an archaic time we lived in when there was no ebay.
If you didn't happen to look at our blog today... well, maybe you should have, cause I told Kerry I would delete the post once I got it all straightened out. ;)
If you didn't happen to look at our blog today... well, maybe you should have, cause I told Kerry I would delete the post once I got it all straightened out. ;)


Comments
Post a Comment