"The Luxury House"

I already felt bad about having the only "house" on campus, while our teammates are living in 'apartments', and one family even off campus.  Then we heard through the grapevine that our house was the "luxury house".  Well, it is definitely a nice place to live!  I don't know if you would call it "luxury" by American standards, or even Canadian standards, but for us, it feels extravagant.  Beautiful wide open living space, with a large backyard (including a playhouse and fort) and on the greater property there is a playground, an ice rink, plenty of trees for exploring, and hills for sledding.  But I think maybe the best thing about it is that we have some really awesome neighbors!  Because we have been living with friends for the past month, our children have come to believe that 24-hour playmates (other than your siblings) are just a given.  So, the fact that we live next to another 8, 6, 3, and 1 year-old (and within shouting distance), makes this place feel like paradise.  The first thing that our kids say when they wake up is "Can we go play with the Brotens?"  I'm beginning to wonder how much I'll actually see of my kids this year.  The quietness seems to give the luxury house an even greater appeal!

~Pictures to follow sometime soon...

Comments

Popular Posts