Pendant le week-end...
A Chaya kind of Day...
This week I learned how to say "On Saturdays, I sleep in" in French. I was very excited to be sleeping in today! I don't like getting only 6 hours of sleep...I am more of a 8+ kind of person. (As a side note, I have been told that when you are learning a new language, your brain actually requires more sleep...so I suppose that would put me at needing 10.) Things were going well...it was 7 am, and I was still in bed...and then Noa was awake. I snuggled with her for about 20 minutes till it was evident that she wasn't going back to sleep and decided to get up. James had gotten up a bit earlier than I did to make pancakes with the kids, since we didn't have enough milk for cereal. The first interaction I had of the day was Chaya coming downstairs to tell me that she and Hali had gotten into the haircutting scissors (again) and had given each other a haircut. Actually, this week, I had been pondering the question of when I would even out Hali's asymmetrical cut. Wonder no more! Today was the day, and honestly, Chaya didn't do that bad of a job. It did need a little fixing, but we were thankful that both of them still had 2 ears, and enough hair to look like girls! So today was haircutting day, which meant that all the other plans we had flew right out the window. In addition to that, Chaya decided it was fun to stand at the end of her bed, and fall straight as a board till her head hit the pillow (something I remember doing as a girl.) Well it was fun until she missed, and her head landed on the metal headboard. Again, thankful that she didn't have a concussion. After a little ibuprofen and some frozen peas, all she had was a goose egg on the back of her head. Later that afternoon, she tried sliding down the slide with the wooden play house door on her lap. I bet you can see where this one is going. That's right, she got it right in the mouth, and again, thankful that she didn't need any stitches, or emergency medical attention. One good thing did come of it, her brown, half broken off front tooth is finally wiggly, and we are expecting it will fall out sometime this week!!!
That is our dear Chaya in a nutshell... loud, spunky, a little clumsy, and all smiles at the end of the day. Her middle name is definitely not Grace! In fact, her middle name is Renee - French for reborn! Very appropriate I think!
Other interesting facts about Chaya:
She weighs more than John Hardy (only by a few pounds though)
She loves to talk in "another language", especially to Hali...I've started calling it their prayer language.
She loves sugar!!!
Chaya loves school, and can often be found 'doing school' when everyone else is playing.
At one point, we nick named her "the siren", because she has the loudest, piercing voice of anyone in our family.
She can often be found with dirt caked on her forehead.
This week I learned how to say "On Saturdays, I sleep in" in French. I was very excited to be sleeping in today! I don't like getting only 6 hours of sleep...I am more of a 8+ kind of person. (As a side note, I have been told that when you are learning a new language, your brain actually requires more sleep...so I suppose that would put me at needing 10.) Things were going well...it was 7 am, and I was still in bed...and then Noa was awake. I snuggled with her for about 20 minutes till it was evident that she wasn't going back to sleep and decided to get up. James had gotten up a bit earlier than I did to make pancakes with the kids, since we didn't have enough milk for cereal. The first interaction I had of the day was Chaya coming downstairs to tell me that she and Hali had gotten into the haircutting scissors (again) and had given each other a haircut. Actually, this week, I had been pondering the question of when I would even out Hali's asymmetrical cut. Wonder no more! Today was the day, and honestly, Chaya didn't do that bad of a job. It did need a little fixing, but we were thankful that both of them still had 2 ears, and enough hair to look like girls! So today was haircutting day, which meant that all the other plans we had flew right out the window. In addition to that, Chaya decided it was fun to stand at the end of her bed, and fall straight as a board till her head hit the pillow (something I remember doing as a girl.) Well it was fun until she missed, and her head landed on the metal headboard. Again, thankful that she didn't have a concussion. After a little ibuprofen and some frozen peas, all she had was a goose egg on the back of her head. Later that afternoon, she tried sliding down the slide with the wooden play house door on her lap. I bet you can see where this one is going. That's right, she got it right in the mouth, and again, thankful that she didn't need any stitches, or emergency medical attention. One good thing did come of it, her brown, half broken off front tooth is finally wiggly, and we are expecting it will fall out sometime this week!!!
That is our dear Chaya in a nutshell... loud, spunky, a little clumsy, and all smiles at the end of the day. Her middle name is definitely not Grace! In fact, her middle name is Renee - French for reborn! Very appropriate I think!
Other interesting facts about Chaya:
She weighs more than John Hardy (only by a few pounds though)
She loves to talk in "another language", especially to Hali...I've started calling it their prayer language.
She loves sugar!!!
Chaya loves school, and can often be found 'doing school' when everyone else is playing.
At one point, we nick named her "the siren", because she has the loudest, piercing voice of anyone in our family.
She can often be found with dirt caked on her forehead.


We LOVE you Chaya and miss you so very much!!!I pray your bump is better today and that tooth falls out quick!!!
ReplyDeleteamy for us all
Lol... good stories to remember Thanks for keeping us updated on your lives. Love you guys.
ReplyDeleteThe Steens