Surgery this week?

That's the question we are posed with this week.  Last week, amid the business of getting all our medical check-ups done, we decided to get explore the cause of Eliana's inability to smell for the last  months.  That led us us getting a CT scan of her head, which I'll admit I thought was totally unnecessary.  It didn't give us any answers to her lack of smell (other than allergies like her dad), but it did allow us to find this crazy bone growth filling one of her sinus cavities at the base of her skull.  At first it seemed like it was probably no big deal, but as we look into it more, and talk with others who have more expertise in this area (like craniofacial surgeons) it looks more likely that surgery is the best option right now.  So in the morning, well get to meet up with one of the best pediatric craniofacial surgeons and find out what the best course of action is.  Yep, tomorrow!  And that is a miracle in itself...only because he happens to be a friend of a friend.  I don't think they usually schedule new patients the next day, but then again, what do I know.   I do know that our God really cares about our little girl, and our plans to move, and our future, and an every hair on our head.  It feels good to know he cares!


Here are a few pictures of Eliana from the past year:



Saying goodbye to Maggie


 Getting her ears pierced on her birthday


Bonfire


Learning to love travelling.



Roller/Ice-skating


Eliana and Nora Grace - been spending a lot of time together lately.


Us!

Thanks for your prayers on her behalf!!!

Comments

Popular Posts