Goodbye House

We could have had people help us clean our house last Thursday night, but then I wouldn't have felt the freedom to say goodbye with onlookers.  I walked through the house, "goodbye basement, I have enjoyed your space, cool in the summer, warm in the winter", "goodbye living room, filled with windows and memories", "goodbye our little prairie kids room, we'll miss your scenery", "goodbye bedroom, and cardinals singing me awake on beautiful fall mornings", "goodbye kitchen, and table that I love, which has held many friends and children", "Goodbye House".

But thankfully in God's providence, it's not goodbye forever.  We still own it, and maybe someday we will come back and say hello again.  We took our pictures down from the cork board in the kitchen, and the kids put the push pins back in two shapes.  One was a smiley face, and the other a frown.  I thought it looked just right!  I will always look back on these years as some of the happiest of my life.


Comments

Popular Posts