Internet Tangents

We all know about internet tangents...you get online to look one thing up that you figure should take about 5 minutes, and the next thing you know you're on a rabbit trail an hour later wondering where the time went.  It seems I have been doing this a lot lately as I ponder life in Chad.  As a most 'practical' person, I like to have everything for every possible situation on hand (I mean really, you've all seen the monstrous grey bag I carry around).  So when I think about what I would like to take to Chad, or send over in a container, the internet is an endless resource on items that might come in handy in the Sahara. A friend of mine sent us a link to some pretty neat gardening techniques that we could build in Chad - The Keyhole Garden ( picture #1), which somehow led us down the line to the following products...#2  Dyson Fan, #3  the "Chillow Pillow", and #4 Coolaroo shade fabrics.  Obviously staying cool was a higher priority than eating well that night.  Check them out if your curious, or if you know of any really great inventions that make living in the Sahara feel more like living in Minnesota, let us know.  Although, with the way this summer has started, you might want to look into some of these for your own "cool Minnesota summer".







Comments

Popular Posts