Ode to my Dad...
My Dad is a good ole' boy from Texas, who was known for his many sayings (at least to us kids), like "It's too far from your heart", or "If I was any happier, people around me couldn't stand it".
This week, I was thinking of one particular saying of his..."You'd kick if you's in swimmin." (It just isn't the same without the Southern drawl.) Interpreted, it means, you will complain no matter what situation you are in.
I thought about it this week, because I found myself grumbling in my heart about all the things that we have to do in order to get our family moved to Quebec by Labor Day. The Lord spoke so clearly to me and reminded me that this was what I have been praying for, for the last 10 years! Here he has finally answered my prayers, and the first thing I do is complain about it. Well, I am determined to let the Holy Spirit rule in my thoughts, and give me joy when I think about all the ways he has blessed us and brought us to the place we are at. It is a grace of God to turn our hearts toward thankfulness!
Thanks dad for reminding me of the Lord! I am so excited to have my parents visit us in Minnesota one last summer.
Here's a couple of pictures from their last visit.
This week, I was thinking of one particular saying of his..."You'd kick if you's in swimmin." (It just isn't the same without the Southern drawl.) Interpreted, it means, you will complain no matter what situation you are in.
I thought about it this week, because I found myself grumbling in my heart about all the things that we have to do in order to get our family moved to Quebec by Labor Day. The Lord spoke so clearly to me and reminded me that this was what I have been praying for, for the last 10 years! Here he has finally answered my prayers, and the first thing I do is complain about it. Well, I am determined to let the Holy Spirit rule in my thoughts, and give me joy when I think about all the ways he has blessed us and brought us to the place we are at. It is a grace of God to turn our hearts toward thankfulness!
Thanks dad for reminding me of the Lord! I am so excited to have my parents visit us in Minnesota one last summer.
Here's a couple of pictures from their last visit.


Comments
Post a Comment