Wildlife (Part 2)

We saw some pretty exciting wildlife at the zoo, but being out at Grandpa Hardy's ranch has been a whole different experience.  It's one thing to look at a wild animal and admire it behind a cage, but its a totally different experience to have an up close encounter with one.  Since we have been in Texas, I think we have had more close encounters with wildlife that we would prefer not to.  So far we have seen:
Grasshoppers (in abundance)
Wasps and hornets
Toads
Spiders
Scorpions
Dogs
Cats
Horses
Fish (Bass)
and Snakes (a Copperhead)









I for one am hoping that we won't have any more real life encounters! Interestingly enough, almost all the wildlife on this list, you could find in Chad, just maybe different species of them.  

Comments

  1. I LOVE the picture of the grasshopper on the barbed wire fence. Did you notice the head of another grasshopper peaking in the picture on the top right? - Veronica

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts