Living a Nomadic Life

This past month we had a good taste of what it means to be living a nomadic life, with all that you own packed in a minivan and every seat occupied.  If you can imagine doing this while being 6 months pregnant, then you may have a good idea of how I felt when we returned to our 'temporary home' here in Canada and unpacked.  (You can check out our tour of the US at this map.)  It was the second day home that we began to read the book of Ruth as a family, and these words of Ruth's to Naomi struck my heart like a ton of bricks...

"...Where you go I will go, and where you lodge I will lodge.  Your people shall be my people, and your God my God."

 I realized that though I just spent a month going where God wanted me to go, at the end of it I was grumbling about having to live 'this kind of life'.  I needed God to remind me that this was the lifestyle I chose when I said, "yes Lord, I will go where you send me".  The kids were reminded of the Chris Tomlin song, "I Will Follow" and the same refreshing vow came back to my heart as we watched and listened.  I am thankful for this sweet reminder...because we're only here for 2 weeks, and then it's on to the next temporary place.  But, as long as Jesus is there, I'll gladly go anywhere!



Comments

Popular Posts