The Simple Life
One thing I really like about living a transitional lifestyle is the simplicity that comes from getting rid of extra things. By nature I am a hoarder, a "save it for a rainy day" kind of person. In some ways I like being that kind of person. When you are in a pinch, there is always a birthday card or a dessert in a box waiting in the cabinet to be pulled out and save the day. But when you are living place to place for only a short time, all extra things must fall by the wayside. And, I am finding out that everything costs a lot less, and consumes less time. There is less laundry to wash, fewer dishes to dirty, only a handful of toys to pick up and every one is happier for it. Not once have the kids complained about not having a toy to play with, or something new or different to wear (the fact is, they always wore their favorites anyways, even when their closet was full). And when I need something, I go to the store and buy it, or maybe find out that I don't really need it at all. And when I do buy it, I don't even mind paying full price because I haven't spent money on anything extra sitting in my closet or shelf that I'm not using.
I guess I am finding out the blessing of 1 Timothy 6:8,
I guess I am finding out the blessing of 1 Timothy 6:8,
But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content.As a disclaimer, I wouldn't say I have achieved perfection. There are still things I have that I could live without, but I can say for sure that I have come a long way since we moved out of our home a year ago! Here's a little song we like at the Morgan house about 'simple living', that reminds us of the blessings of being content with what we have. Hope you enjoy!


Comments
Post a Comment