Crunch time!

We only have two more weeks before the end of our first French semester!  This is both exciting and fear producing.  I think it is fear producing because by this point we are no longer "debutants" or beginners.  Sometimes I feel like I can speak a good bit of French (with my teacher, or friends that talk slowly) and sometimes I cannot seem to understand a single word in a sentence or conversation (usually with a stranger at a store, or public place.)  It produces a bit of fear in me because we are 'halfway' done with studying French, and then on to Arabic.  There will be no English in the middle.  The language option there is either French or Arabic.  So, I am going to be studying a lot durring the next two weeks, and then hopefully durring the three week break, I'll be talking with a lot of people in French!  Read between the lines here...less blog posts, less phone calls (sorry mom and dad, I know it's been a while)  and less sleep!  On the flip side, more French equals more talking, more sharing, and hopefully more believers for the glory of God!

One thing I do hope to master next semester...how to stop the nodding and smiling that so often gets me into trouble.  

Comments

Popular Posts