Death at the Door

I wish I could say that this was not a literal post title, but it really is.  This is the second funeral on our block in the short 4 months that we have been here.  There have been others, either friends of friends, or relatives of people we have met that have also crossed over the line of the living to the dead.  These are people that do not have the hope of Jesus, and who maybe never even had the opportunity to hear his story.  These things propel me to want to speak their language so that those who still have the opportunity will.  Today our good friend's wife had their 5th child, and he asked us to pray as she was kept at the hospital to be monitored.  You can understand the reason behind the anxiety in his face as he said she had lost a lot of blood.  He said, "I've lost my sister, my brother and also my mother, I don't want to loose my wife too."  Thankfully we received a good report later that the mom and baby are doing fine and she was allowed to go home.  We are still waiting and hoping though that she will find true life in the one who gives it to those who will receive it.

Comments

Popular Posts