Washington D.C.
I haven't written a post in about 2 weeks, and now it's time for a recap.
The first week was spent in packing and cleaning our house to move out. Any of you who have moved know that there is always more to do than 'meets the eye'. How many things I put off thinking that I didn't have that much to do...I mean how much can you accumulate in 9 months...and then the last two days seem totally impossible to finish. Thankfully, with a little help from a friend in our small group, and the help of our kids, and the grace of God, we got everything sorted, packed and cleaned and we were on our way across America. The kids decided that their number one choice of vacation destinations on the way to Texas was our nation's capital, Washington, D.C. So, week number two was spent driving, driving, sight-seeing, driving, driving, and more driving. We took a couple shots of the White House, and the memorials on the national mall. We actually had a 5 second window to get a picture of our entire family in front of the White House, which is an almost impossible feat, and the guy we asked to take the picture decided it was better to cut off some of our family members than to cut out the White House. I guess someday Chaya and Hali will just have to take our word for it that they were really there.
The first week was spent in packing and cleaning our house to move out. Any of you who have moved know that there is always more to do than 'meets the eye'. How many things I put off thinking that I didn't have that much to do...I mean how much can you accumulate in 9 months...and then the last two days seem totally impossible to finish. Thankfully, with a little help from a friend in our small group, and the help of our kids, and the grace of God, we got everything sorted, packed and cleaned and we were on our way across America. The kids decided that their number one choice of vacation destinations on the way to Texas was our nation's capital, Washington, D.C. So, week number two was spent driving, driving, sight-seeing, driving, driving, and more driving. We took a couple shots of the White House, and the memorials on the national mall. We actually had a 5 second window to get a picture of our entire family in front of the White House, which is an almost impossible feat, and the guy we asked to take the picture decided it was better to cut off some of our family members than to cut out the White House. I guess someday Chaya and Hali will just have to take our word for it that they were really there.




Comments
Post a Comment