40 Years
This past weekend we celebrated my parents 40th wedding anniversary. They were married on June 2nd, 1973 and 40 years later are still going strong with 3 kids, and almost 8 grandkids. If I learned anything from my parents, I learned that marriage is about commitment! It is easy to make it seem like you have it all together to your friends and neighbors, but your kids get to see the real you. And even from personal experience I can say that being married is definitely not easy or simple. Being married is about being faithful to and loving one person no matter what the circumstances are. I have seen my parents stick together, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, and I pray that they will continue to be a beautiful picture of Jesus' faithfulness to his bride, the church.
Here's to the the happy couple, Bill and Jeanette....may your happiest years still lay ahead!
My favorite quote from the weekend was when my mom looked at my dad during one meal we were having together and said to him, "Bill, you have been annoying me since the day we were married." Oh, how I love my parents!!! :)



How sweet! What is the significance of the picture on the cake with the jars? - Veronica
ReplyDelete