Injustice in China
This week, I read and article in USA Today about China forcing abortions on women who have multiple (as in 2 or 3) children and can't afford to pay the high taxes that result. The story was heartbreaking!!! Not only were they forcing abortions on these women, but they actually kidnapped them, and took them away from their family without anyone knowing. More about it can be read here.
The question arises..."What can I do about it?" Apparently, this is not a new phenomenon, and the rise of abortion in China is much more staggering than it is in America. So what could one, far away and uninvolved person do? As I read my Bible today, the Lord gave me one specific action - PRAY!
The question arises..."What can I do about it?" Apparently, this is not a new phenomenon, and the rise of abortion in China is much more staggering than it is in America. So what could one, far away and uninvolved person do? As I read my Bible today, the Lord gave me one specific action - PRAY!
And he told them a parable to the effect that they ought always to pray and not lose heart. He said, “In a certain city there was a judge who neither feared God nor respected man. And there was a widow in that city who kept coming to him and saying, ‘Give me justice against my adversary.’ For a while he refused, but afterward he said to himself, ‘Though I neither fear God nor respect man, yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will give her justice, so that she will not beat me down by her continual coming.’” And the Lord said, “Hear what the unrighteous judge says. And will not God give justice to his elect, who cry to him day and night? Will he delay long over them? I tell you, he will give justice to them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?”(Luke 18:1-8 ESV)


Comments
Post a Comment