Servant Leadership
'Servant Leadership' is a concept that I would like to say I display, but really don't do that good of a job at. It is hard to think of examples when I lead my children by serving them instead of commanding them. It's just become my default mode...to give a command, and expect them to fall in line. I want to take opportunities to surprise them by serving them in ways that they don't anticipate and I want them to be servants to one another as well.
This week our family saw a wonderful picture of servant leadership. Our team-leader drove 6 hours from his 'home-away-from-home' in order to help us move out of our house. At first I just thought he was just stopping by as he had things to do in the cities. Then he surprised us by saying, "I'll be back tomorrow morning to do whatever you need." Then he showed up again the next day and what did he do?...he cleaned our floors (among other things).
Thank you Jacob for being a picture of Jesus to our family! And thank you Sonja, for running solo while he came to help...I know it isn't easy! You are a blessing to our family, and we are so glad to be working under your humble leading!
Here are a few pictures of them when we visited them in Chad -
This week our family saw a wonderful picture of servant leadership. Our team-leader drove 6 hours from his 'home-away-from-home' in order to help us move out of our house. At first I just thought he was just stopping by as he had things to do in the cities. Then he surprised us by saying, "I'll be back tomorrow morning to do whatever you need." Then he showed up again the next day and what did he do?...he cleaned our floors (among other things).
Thank you Jacob for being a picture of Jesus to our family! And thank you Sonja, for running solo while he came to help...I know it isn't easy! You are a blessing to our family, and we are so glad to be working under your humble leading!
Here are a few pictures of them when we visited them in Chad -


Comments
Post a Comment