Miss Patti

I'm always a little nervous about sending James on the errands when I am home with a new baby.  It's usually on these trips that he comes home with the most bizarre things, that were not on the shopping list.
The other day we talked about doing a puzzle on New Year's Eve, and so he went to the thrift store near our house to find a 500 piece puzzle - with all four older kids in tow.   I have gotten used to the comments about having "a lot of kids", but I do gear myself up for outings like this.  Well James took off with the kids while I took a nap, and when they got home they were so excited to tell me about their trip.  They found a few puzzles, and Eliana found a porcelain doll that she decided to buy with Christmas money.  When they got up to the counter to check out, the woman in front of them, Miss Patti was her name, was so enamored with the kids, that she decided to pay for their entire purchase!  Let me tell you, Eliana was thrilled!  And, it was a great opportunity to talk. about God's love and generosity with the kids.
And all the while I'm wondering why that never happens to me when I'm out shopping with all four kids?

Comments

Popular Posts