Happy Anniversary

It was 11 years ago today that we 'tied the knot'.  In some ways it seems like yesterday and in some ways it seems like a lifetime ago.  I like to think I had some wonderful part in picking the man of my dreams, but as I look back, I know that the Lord was orchestrating something wonderful from the beginning of time.  Our paths first crossed at a college ministry just off campus.  I was a sophomore and he was a second year medical student.  A group of students ( I being one of them) had painted the store front window of our ministry building overlooking the campus to read (in life-sized letters)..."Worship Service 7:00, Free Food"...or something like that.  There's nothing like free food to attract lost college students!  He was driving by our building, in desperate prayer for a Church that he could belong to.  Not just to attend, not just meet people, and not for the free food.  His soul was looking for 'real food'.  Thats when he saw our sign, and decided to check it out.  He may be the only person that came just because he saw the window painting...but praise the Lord he came. At first it was only an odd acquaintance, then a conversation, then I found myself looking to see if he was coming, and frequently visiting the places I happened to run into him.   One year later, we were married!  Like I said, it was written before the foundation of the world, and I have loved every minute of it!  Here we are, 11 years and 5 kids later - still amazed at the way HE works!


Here we are just before Noa was born, having just as much fun as ever!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts