Happy Birthday Hali!
This week (Oct. 5th to be exact), Hali turned 2 years old. For those of you who didn't know, her full name is Hallelia, which is a Hebrew name meaning, 'you will praise God', and it is so neat to see that coming out in her personality. Hali is definitely more verbose than the others were at her age, and lots of her chatter includes songs. We have even had people come up to us after church and say, "I really enjoyed watching your little girl singing with the worship music." Since we realized that she has an interesting ability to remember words to songs, we started working with her on memorizing small pieces of scripture. I have to say that I am amazed at what even a 1 1/2 year old can learn with consistent repetition. This summer, we worked on psalm 23 with the older kids and began reading it to her every day, and before we knew it, she could finish all our sentences. I have been trying to catch it on video for quite some time now, and finally got a little clip of her saying it. May it be a blessing and an encouragement to you as you look to hide God's word in your heart (and in your children's)!
Praise be to God, who gives us these little ones, and glorifies himself in their lives!
-I did realize afterward that I left out a line...I don't think my memory is quite as good as hers!
Praise be to God, who gives us these little ones, and glorifies himself in their lives!
-I did realize afterward that I left out a line...I don't think my memory is quite as good as hers!


I can easily remember Hali singing "trust and obey" !
ReplyDelete