19th century America

This past year we studied a brief overview of American History, and so to end the year, we visited 'The Landing - Minnesota River Heritage Park'. It was a really neat experience, and I would recommend it to anyone in the area, but go on a Saturday in the summer when there are live people, acting out life in the 1800's. (I think they also have some live people around Christmas time, but I'm sure it would be a lot colder then.) It is a collection of homes and other buildings from the area right out of the 1800's that have been moved to make a small village. Our kids favorite part was the school building, and pretending to be in a one room school house just like "Laura".
So, here are a few pictures of the outing, and of course they had to dress up to play the part. You almost wouldn't know which time period they came out of...well except for the fancy footwear.

Comments

Popular Posts