Happy Birthday Eliana!

Here is a poem in your honor:
8 years ago today
God made my dream come true,
And I became a mommy
When he gave me you.
I thought it would be easy,
I thought "this will be grand"
I would be the very best mommy,
I simply didn't understand.
I didn't know how hard
the job I had would be,
And as for your daddy
neither did he.
We held you when you cried,
We laughed and played a lot,
But there were many times
'Good parents' we were not.
We'd try so hard, and then we'd fail
We were impatient and unkind
We didn't know just what to do
When you didn't mind.
Our only hope for teaching you
The way you ought to go,
Is finding love and forgiveness
In the Lord, you know.
It's Jesus that gives us hope
that your life will be his crown,
And through our weak and failing love
His mercy will be found.
So, just like every other time,
But louder than the rest,
We want to say We Love You!
And because of you we're blessed!
Your bright and cheery face,
Your sweet thoughtfulness
Are not forgotten by our Lord,
Those things he does not miss.
He sees you growing everyday
Making him your treasure
And when you live for Jesus,
It gives him great pleasure.
May all your days be full
Of the glory of the Lord,
We pray that in your life,
He would be worshipped and adored!
Happy 8th Birthday Eliana,
Love Mom and Dad.



Comments
Post a Comment