Perspective
One thing I have learned since living in Africa is that things are not always what they seem to be. What may seem like a rude gesture to you may be their way of saying you are important to them. In an unknown culture, often the best thing to do is just to sit back and observe. Once you have gained another perspective, things may seem totally different than you originally thought.
Here is a case in point...On the airplane back to Africa each person was given a few items to make the trip more comfortable. At first glance it seemed like we were given a blanket and a sleep mask, but after I observed literally every single man on the plane (other than James) doing what the man in the photo below is doing, I realized that I was mistaken. We had really been given a turban (to keep your head warm from the cold air blowing from above) and a face mask (to keep away the germs from the people around you.) It's all in perspective...
And I have to give it to the iphone here, which can take a good photo without anyone around you knowing.
Here is a case in point...On the airplane back to Africa each person was given a few items to make the trip more comfortable. At first glance it seemed like we were given a blanket and a sleep mask, but after I observed literally every single man on the plane (other than James) doing what the man in the photo below is doing, I realized that I was mistaken. We had really been given a turban (to keep your head warm from the cold air blowing from above) and a face mask (to keep away the germs from the people around you.) It's all in perspective...
And I have to give it to the iphone here, which can take a good photo without anyone around you knowing.


Comments
Post a Comment