What's New?

The last month of 2013 was a blur but we officially started the new year like everyone else...except this time 7 hours ahead of most people we know.  The question I have been constantly asking myself is, "Where do I start?"  This includes things like, "How do I begin to understand a new language?  Where do I go to buy food?  What should I do when I move into our new neighborhood?  How do I explain things to my kids that I don't even understand myself?"  So many new beginnings that I don't know where to begin.  I have been reminded lately of Jesus' words that in order to enter the kingdom of God, we must become like a little child.  That is how I feel most of the time, like a little child, learning from all that is around me, and trying to figure things out when I don't understand them.  It's nice how simple life seems when we try to look at it from the perspective of a child.  I love knowing my heavenly father is nearby to help me navigate these new beginnings.  I have even picked a motto for this new beginning:

"Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God."  -  Corrie Ten Boom

Children are so good at trying new things.  They are even good at failure. They are not expected to know how to do thing the first time, that's why we teach them.   They have a wonderful way of trying again and again until they get it right.  So, I'm praying that I will have a heart like a child, not afraid of the failures I am sure to make this year, but always confident in a loving father who will carry me through each new situation like he always has.

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts