Hot Showers and Ice Cream
What do hot showers and ice cream have in common? They are both things that you cannot easily come by in Chad. I believe they do exist there, but probably only in the capitol city, which we will probably only visit once every 6 months to a year. So what have I been doing lately? That's right, enjoying my hot showers and ice cream, occasionally eating too much ice cream, or turning the water just a tad bit too hot. And I have began to lament their loss already. Although, I'm guessing at 120* F. I won't miss the hot showers too much... and I will try not to think about ice cream too often. These are just a couple of things I am going to miss. But today I was encouraged. We were reading Acts chapter 13 as a family, and it was pointed out that when Barnabas and Paul were sent out, it mentions twice that the disciples were fasting. This is when the Holy Spirit moved, and set them apart for His work. If it means experiencing the Holy Spirit move in our lives, I am willing to fast from ice cream and hot showers and a hundred other things!


Comments
Post a Comment