Beautiful Women
Last week as I met with the ladies here, I shared with them that I was sad. There are many reasons I was sad, but among them was the fact that in our move, I had lost or misplaced the small box of jewelry that I own. It had the ruby earrings from my grandmother in it, the legacy bracelet that I got for my birthday, the cheap-o earrings from Target that love, and wore with almost everything...and other things that were precious to me. I felt silly asking them to pray that I would find it, but thankful that they let me share my heart with them.
Today I found a small bag in my mailbox, and what did I find in it...some new pieces of jewelry!!! I love these ladies for serving me in small and meaningful ways, but more importantly, I love these ladies, because they pray for me! They have prayed for me, that my adorning would not be external - braiding of the hair, or putting on gold jewelry, or the clothing that I wear - but that it would be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God. (1 Peter 3:3-4) In a way, I am glad that they got lost (at least for the time being) so that when I see these beautiful women, I am reminded what is really precious in God's sight. May he make me just like them!
Sarah, Becky, and Sonja, thank-you! (None of them would actually admit to being responsible for the gifts, but I am sure that it was one of them, or a combination of the three!)
Today I found a small bag in my mailbox, and what did I find in it...some new pieces of jewelry!!! I love these ladies for serving me in small and meaningful ways, but more importantly, I love these ladies, because they pray for me! They have prayed for me, that my adorning would not be external - braiding of the hair, or putting on gold jewelry, or the clothing that I wear - but that it would be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God. (1 Peter 3:3-4) In a way, I am glad that they got lost (at least for the time being) so that when I see these beautiful women, I am reminded what is really precious in God's sight. May he make me just like them!
Sarah, Becky, and Sonja, thank-you! (None of them would actually admit to being responsible for the gifts, but I am sure that it was one of them, or a combination of the three!)


Comments
Post a Comment