Technology in a Pinch (Noa Update #1)
Technology In a Pinch
If you had asked me what a Cloud Drive was a month ago, I might have guessed it had something to do with computers, but I didn't know what one was. With the rate that digital/online inventions are forming, I have given up on trying to stay up with what's new. In fact, I have humbly acknowledged my place among the technological ignorant - and I am totally happy with that. On the other hand, when I find something to be useful, my appreciation grows, and so does my interest. The other day when we noticed that Noa was having difficulty breathing, James had suggested I bring her into the clinic and I was a little nervous. If you have ever been to the doctor's office with more than one child (one of them being a two year old) you might understand what I mean. So here we are, all 5 of us in the tiny clinic room, only enough chairs for the little ones, (whom I have sternly told to remain sitting), my 6 year old son in the swivel chair, and my oldest asking a hundred questions about the items in the room. They spend at least 10 minutes trying to get the pulse oximeter to work on Noa's tiny toe, and when they do, they decide to try a nebulizer to see if she improves. By this time, the natives are getting restless...we had not eaten dinner, and some of them start to say "I have to go to the bathroom". Then comes in another doctor with a large, tall, skinny, Oxygen tank and says, "Now everyone be very careful, If we knock this over, there would be big boom". Great, just what I need, something that could possibly explode in our room. So after keeping guard of the O2 tank, trying to juggle the baby with the facemask, and keeping everyone sitting down (thankfully I had enough sense to have two of our kids bring books) they decide that she needs to go to the hospital. {Deep Breath} Now for phase two, finding a sitter for the kids, and keeping everyone calm in the mean time. Then James walks to the computer in the room, you know the one that the medical staff records all your information on, and brings up our Amazon Cloud Drive, asks the kids what they want to watch, and in seconds has everyone quietly watching a movie. Now that's technology that I can really appreciate. I think I will be uploading a few more movies for those unexpected times of technological rescue.
The latest update on Noa as of today...we tried to take her off of oxygen, but she dropped down to about 84% on room air - she needs to be consistently >96% for 24 hours to go home... However, overall she is eating well and as sweet as ever!


praying! Amy McKissick
ReplyDelete