Talking About the Weather
What does it mean to sit around and "Talk about the weather". Around our house, it really means that we are sitting around talking about the weather. That's because we are learning how to talk about the weather in French. The irony is that most days it doesn't seem like there are many other things to talk about. We get up, we go to class, we come home and do the normal eating and sleeping routines, only to do the same things the next day. I feel like I am loosing track of the days as they blend into one another. And then all of a sudden, something shakes me back to reality, and there are thousands of interesting things to do and talk about all around me...if only I had the time to do them. At that moment I am reminded that I am doing the one thing that I have chosen to do, namely put the rest of 'life' on hold, so that I can speak to people that don't speak my language. And no one is more surprised than me when I find that I actually understood what someone said in French! It does feel like we are making progress after all, and that makes me smile! Now, if I could only just add one more of those other interesting things to my day.
Speaking of the weather, we recently had a hot spell that melted all the snow away, and now were in a cold spell where every drop of water is now ice. For kids, that means a lot of fun! Here are a few pictures of the kids in their icy adventures.


I think I know what you mean. Staying home to take care of Victoria leaves little variety in the day beyond eating, sleeping, feeding, changing diapers, etc. I, too, often think of many other things I would like to do with my time. I'm sometimes blessed to get to one of them in a day, but we are both even more blessed to recognize that what we have chosen is the better thing. I find myself praying that I would be like Mary in Luke 10:38-42 during this time, able to sit at the feet of the Lord who I love and soak in his presence and all he has to say. I pray this for all of you.
ReplyDelete-Veronica