Birthday fun
After being vacant for about 3 years, someone finally moved into the house that joins to our backyard. We said hello last week and introduced ourselves, but today when we were doing yard work, the kids noticed that they were getting ready for a party. It wasn't long before the lady that lived there popped her head over the fence, and invited us to her daughter's birthday party that evening. Well, the kids were thrilled, and so we cleaned up, and got ready to go.
Our new neighbors are Latino, and their families (as we learned tonight) are from Mexico, and Panama, so you can imagine what kind of party it was. It was just like the birthday parties we went to when we lived on the border to Mexico. It was complete with LOTS of yummy food, a huge pinata, loud Latin music, and a great big cake (quite possibly fancier than the one we had at our wedding). And it was all for their little 'Ivy' who was turning 2! Our kids had a blast, and each came home with a bag of candy and chips. And to top it off, the grandmother let us know that they will be having another birthday party next Sunday for 'the twins' in the family, if we'd like to come. Now that's what I call being neighborly!
I wish I had brought my camera, but I felt kind of strange bringing it since we had hardly met them...maybe next Sunday.
Our new neighbors are Latino, and their families (as we learned tonight) are from Mexico, and Panama, so you can imagine what kind of party it was. It was just like the birthday parties we went to when we lived on the border to Mexico. It was complete with LOTS of yummy food, a huge pinata, loud Latin music, and a great big cake (quite possibly fancier than the one we had at our wedding). And it was all for their little 'Ivy' who was turning 2! Our kids had a blast, and each came home with a bag of candy and chips. And to top it off, the grandmother let us know that they will be having another birthday party next Sunday for 'the twins' in the family, if we'd like to come. Now that's what I call being neighborly!
I wish I had brought my camera, but I felt kind of strange bringing it since we had hardly met them...maybe next Sunday.


Comments
Post a Comment