Summer flying by...
After we said good-bye to our sweet Marjo, it was time to pack up for our summer travels. James and I spent a week in Orlando, for orientation with a sending agency. After one week of hearing how God was working all over the world, we were officially appointed to partner with them to bring good news to the people of Chad. It was so encouraging to meet up with people there, who have been exactly where we are, and are able to help get us where we want to be! That was such an answer to our prayers!
While we were away, four fabulous families watched over our children, and let me tell you, they didn't miss us one bit. In fact, a couple of times when we called, they were actually "too busy" to talk. Ouch! A big thanks to those who watched our children while we were away!
Then we were off on 'Vacation'...or 'Staycation', or something in between. We spent a day here in the cities miniature golfing, the went to Taylor's Falls for a couple of days. I can't say enough about that little area on the St. Croix river. We enjoyed Wild Mountian and the Alpine slides one day, and visited the park on the river, and a little animal habitat called "Faun-Doe-Rosa". If you haven't been there, you have to go...and only an hour away from the cities...who can beat it!
Lastly, we visited the crazy Valley Fair. By that time I was already out of steam, so I was glad to sit with Hali, and ride all the kiddie rides while the others ventured onto larger rides. I have to say though, it was really hard to be so close to the large rides, and not be able to get on even some of the smallest ones because I'm pregnant. Oh, the sacrifices we make for our children.
After all was said and done, I don't think anyone was sad that we didn't spend long hours in the car going to far away destinations. I love living in Minneapolis, where there is so much to do in your own back yard!
Just a few more weeks till it's back to school. And actually, I think everyone is looking forward to it!


Comments
Post a Comment