Back to School

With summer winding down, I have been getting school books together, and making a plan. With a third grader, a first grader and a preschooler, I am beginning to feel the need to be tighter with my time, and more creative in our schedule. Thankfully, I think most of what we do will still fit into the morning hours, and we can still function on mainly a 4 day week. One of the reasons I still love homeschooling!
We have been going through some proverbs with the kids this last month, and one we looked at this week has made me pause in all the planning, and try to get God's big perspective on the year:

Proverbs 1:7
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge;
Fools despise wisdom and instruction.

If my kids learn anything this year, I want it to be 'the fear of the Lord'. Without that, they can never really appreciate wisdom and instruction. [And we all know there are days that they despise the instruction.] And, I want to be full of the knowledge of God too!

Philippians 3:7-8
I
count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him

Wishing you a greater knowledge of God as you start back to school this fall!

And just so you don't think we haven't learned anything this summer, here is a short clip of Chaya learning to ride a bike!


Comments

Popular Posts