14th Anniversary
Two weeks ago Lindsey and I celebrated our 14th anniversary. I have to say we never imagined it would be in Chad! Though we have been all over the map, physically, we have felt the Lord's faithfulness year after year - through medical school, residency, kids, new languages, new continents...He has been good to us. He has helped us in the areas most needed...becoming more like him. Thank you Lord for your kindness in giving me Lindsey! I feel the reality of God's words in Proverbs:
He who finds a wife finds a good thing
and obtains favor from the Lord
Proverbs 18:22
House and wealth are inherited from fathers,
but a prudent wife is from the Lord
Proverbs 19:14
My family in West Texas has always liked Lindsey because of her fortitude and stamina (like my grandmother, Mama Bear). Well I can add that by the Lord's strength - she is more than I could have ever asked for. To the woman in my life who is the manager of our house in a place that is hard to be, learning a 2nd language (going on 3) and is a tremendously important part of our team here in Chad...and my best friend. I love you!
You might ask, why the picture of a sink? Well, I found this anniversary present in the local "junk yard" (i.e. leftovers from the previous UN base in Abéché). We cleaned it up and it is now the most used part of our kitchen. To the woman who almost had it all!




what a beautiful sink, hope you enjoy washing in it and preparing on it!! bless you both!
ReplyDeleteHappy late anniversary! Lindsey we are so grateful for you. You have been a blessing since day one! Thank you for being such a great partner to James in all of your adventures. You are an amazing woman, one that I admire greatly. You guys are such a good team! Hugs to you both. Miss you and love you- Margaret
ReplyDelete